To get help with the legal side of things call ORB Lawyers on 08 8384 3430.
Separated, or Thinking About Divorce? Read on…
- Divorce or separation can take a toll on anyone’s personal life and when a marriage or de-facto relationship ends, it causes a great deal of personal turmoil and can be emotionally and mentally draining in the extreme. This is especially true when the separation is difficult, there is property to divide, and there are parenting issues
- If you would like to apply for a divorce lawyer Adelaide you can commence this process after you have been separated for a period of no less than 12 months. If your separation is relatively straight forward you may be able to apply using a divorce kit.
- In Australia, there is a no-fault divorce approach meaning that neither spouse has to show that the breakdown of the marriage was caused by one or the other spouse.
- All the court needs to know is that the parties have been separated for a period of 12 months and that there is no possibility of reconciliation.
- There are some exceptions where the marriage was less than 2 years, exceptions which ORB Lawyers is well placed to provide specific legal advice. Learn more…